Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Commuting

This month, I have a lot of clinic. And since it's closer to home (~15 mins of driving), I figured I'd bike instead. And I did! Approx 6 miles each way- took me 1 hour to get there and 45 mins to get back on my little mountain bike. Not bad, I thought. The worse part is going over the interstate bridge over the Columbia River. It was so windy that I couldn't go down hill fast. Took the fun out of it.
The weather is getting nicer now; by biking, I'll save gas, and get some exercise. Only days I can't bike are when I have to go to the hospital in the afternoon. Hopefully, this will last through the summer, periodically at least. Now, I know I can beat my time if I only have breakfast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! You'll improve time if you get a road bike - the gears will allow you to go a lot faster and less weight/resistance. I hope you can keep it up! Make sure the seat height is set right, otherwise, watch out for knee injuries.

Jason Nguyen
San Diego, CA