Sunday, June 1, 2008

Back to normalcy

Over the Memorial Day weekend, our friend Chris and Kim visited from Chandler, AZ. We did some hiking, biking and eating, as usual, around Portland. We brought our camera but managed to forget the memory card, so no pictures until they send us some (Send us some guys!!!). I was on nightfloat again as well. Anyway, seems like things are finally back to normal. I'm baking and cooking again. Today, it's a monstrous pot of multipurpose marinara sauce. I can make spaghetti, pizzas, seafood stews, etc with this sauce and dinner is set for 1.5 weeks or so. Also, when my mom was here, she left a bunch of basic Vietnamese recipes (like nuoc nam-fish sauce and thit kho- pork stew) that I've always had a hard time mastering. May be because Mom measures in Asian spoons and rice bowls portions. But she calibrated to my spoons and bowls here so I'm set :)

Lots of people are pregnant right now. It's got me thinking... but nah....My sister-in-law had a scare of preterm labor last week. She's on bedrest now for the duration of the pregnancy :-/ Makes me think, geez... should we? Nah... :) I don't know what it is that makes people ready to be parents. But I don't think I'm ready. I don't want to get pregnant just because my eggs may be getting old and there may be complications with advanced maternal age. Or because my dad is ready to be a grandpa and mom is asking with each phone call if I'm pregnant. Shouldn't there be a feeling? or a sign from God? In any case, my schedule right now doesn't allow for morning sickness, hyperemesis gravidum, and back pain. And for goodness' sake, we've only been married for 2 years! Ha, sounds like the conversation I have with my parents quite frequently lately. One day... but not now.

No comments: