Monday, December 22, 2008

More of Arctic Blast 2008


We have been snowed in for 3 days now, and I've been going to clinic off and on because it has been snowing all week. This phenomenon has not happen in Portland since 1968! I think we have to shovel snow tomorrow and venture out to the grocery store because I'm running out of food, particularly fresh veggies and milk. On Saturday and Sunday, Quoc attempted to drive out with chains on my car but got stuck right outside our driveway. So we haven't made a repeat attempt, perhaps out of fear of being stuck, and/or fear of being cold or just plain laziness. The city of Portland nearly shut down because they don't have enough snow plow to keep up. They're busy with the freeways and our side streets don't get serviced- understandable though, because this doesn't happen very often. Plus, we're appreciative of the extra time spent together. We've been cleaning a bit, doing much needed laundry, and playing lots of video games (just got Rock Band and Sing Star). And I even squeezed in some exercise today :-)
Quoc and I are planning to fly to visit both sides of the family on Saturday. I hope we can get out of the city. Flights have been canceled left and right. It's supposed to get better by the weekend, so we're praying... In the beginning, it was really fun to play in the snow, but now, I think I'm ready for it to warm up now :) Here are some shots that we took around our house and neighborhood.
Small tree in front of the house iced over
Looking down our street
Grasses

I like macros :)
Our backyard. Our bench is on the left- disappeared under the snow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why didn't it snow when Katie and I was in Portland? I'm jealous Portland has 4 seasons.